Minigames of lakeland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum about miniature wargames in Lakeland, FL

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Close Combat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DJ 9-86

DJ 9-86

Close Combat  Empty
PostSubject: Close Combat    Close Combat  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:00 pm

I need some help making sense of all the rules

The Death Company Dreadnought Chart says 3(4) under attacks.

I get 4 attacks for having 2 Blood talons, and i know i get 1 attack for assaulting.

Do i get the 1 or 2 bonus attacks for having 2 single-handed weapons and 2 of the same special weapons for a total of 6 or 7 attacks?
Back to top Go down
GunnerySGT.Harker

GunnerySGT.Harker

Close Combat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat    Close Combat  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Negative on the 6(7). You would get 5 on the charge. The extra attack for 2 weapons is already counted for. The special weapons thing is basically talking about power fists/lightning claws, and thunder hammers. Lets say you have a plasma pistol and a power fist (as my devastator Sgt.) He does not get the extra attack for 2 close weapons, even though a pistol counts as a close combat weapon. On the other hand if I had 2 power fists he would in fact get +2 on the charge (or with 2 pistols). Basically speaking you do not get another extra attack, you simply get your base (3) plus 1(4) and plus 1(5) on the assault. Which is still gnarly because you get an extra attack for every unsaved wound and get to re-roll missed wounds.
Back to top Go down
voltzone

Close Combat  Empty
PostSubject: Close combat- extra attack for a dread   Close Combat  Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:56 am

If you look at the equipment that will tell you what the base number of attacks are. If the dread come with two close combat weapons then the attacks would be the number in the (). If an option takes away the arm to be replaced with a weapon then the attack is one less. So in a charge you would get 4 (num of attacks) + 1(charging) = 5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Close Combat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat    Close Combat  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Close Combat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minigames of lakeland :: Miniature Wargames :: Warhammer 40K :: Rules Discussions-
Jump to: